It is a real honour to have been asked to be the guest editor for this special issue of Perceptions celebrating Turkey’s sixty years in the North Atlantic Alliance. I would like to thank Prof. Bülent Aras and staff of the Center for Strategic Research (SAM) for inviting me to contribute as guest editor and for all their assistance in helping me to bring this issue together. Indeed, much has changed since Turkey joined NATO in 1952, yet not only has the Alliance repeatedly proved to be successful in adapting itself to changing circumstances, but Turkey’s relationship with the Alliance has also stood the test of time, despite the perpetual balancing act between the divergence and convergence of regional interests and a common outlook towards the sea change in global affairs.
Recent Events & Announcements
- Visit of Students from AK Party Foreign Relations Department Internship Program to SAM »
- Roundtable on “Ukrainian-Turkish Relations at Present Stage: Opportunities and Obstacles” »
- Cooperation Between SAM and International University of Sarajevo »
- Symposium: Contribution of NATO Enlargement to the Euro-Atlantic and International Security »
- SAM Summer School 2014 Certificate Ceremony »