Perceptions continues to publish special issues, and this one examines 50 years of migration from Turkey to Germany. The emigration process is a multi-dimensional and multi-faceted one and needs to be studied from different perspectives and through an interdisciplinary approach. As migration from Turkey to German has been happening for half a century, it is time to evaluate the past, raise questions about current issues, and think about the future. Turkey’s new foreign policy puts a renewed emphasis on the Turkish population abroad and Turkish migrants in Germany are of majör interest in the new policy. The Center for Strategic Research (SAM) will continue to organize academic events on this issue with a particular focus on its relevance for policy making.
- Turkey’s Regional Approach in Afghanistan: A Civilian Power in Action Assoc. Prof. Dr. Şaban Kardaş
- Making Sense of Turkish-EU Relations in the Aftermath of the Arab Spring Bülent Aras
- A New Security Order for the Middle East Sam Sasan Shoamanesh, co-founder and managing editor of Global Brief magazine, and an expert in international law, - conflict resolution and Middle East foreign policy.
- Perceptions Winter 2012
Recent Events & Announcements
- International Conference: “East-West Strategic Bridge: Security, Development and Integration in the Black Sea Economic »
- International Conference: Transcultural Asia- Unlearning Colonial/ Imperial Power Relations »
- Conference: “Turkey and Middle East In the Framework of Arab Spring” »
- Conference: The Legacy of Martin Luther King and the Role of Nonviolence in the 21st Century »
- Workshop on “Non-Violence in the Construction of Peace” »