Not a single day passes by that we do not hear of a humanitarian crisis around the world. In every corner of our planet political and military conflicts and environmental disasters produce scores of human tragedies. Nowadays, the majority of the troubling scenes involve asylum seekers running away from shattered countries like Libya and Syria. The source of the most recent and the most dramatic human crises- since World War II- has been the conflict in Syria, as a result of a stalemate between the Assad regime and the opposition. Millions of people have left their homes for neighboring countries like Turkey, Jordan and Iraq; in addition millions of others have been displaced within Syria. Conflicts in Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq, Egypt and other African countries only intensify the human plight across the region.
Recent Events & Announcements
- International Conference: Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey Trilateral Relations: Vision for the Future »
- International Conference: “25 Years of Turkey-Ukraine Relations” »
- Roundtable Meeting between SAM and Foreign Policy Advisory Committee of Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs »
- Visit of “Al-Nahrain Research Center” Delegation to SAM »
- Roundtable Meeting— “Safety and Cooperation in the Black Sea Region: Historical Background and Modern »