The Balkans was continuously at the forefront of global politics in the last century, witnessing three successive world orders. During this period the Balkan countries did not only have to yield to the hegemonic aspirations of the global powers, they also experienced problems of hard and soft security within and among themselves. Although a century has passed since the end of the Balkan Wars, one can still mention continuing state- and nation-building processes, inter-ethnic disputes, border problems and global rivalries.
Recent Events & Announcements
- International Conference: Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey Trilateral Relations: Vision for the Future »
- International Conference: “25 Years of Turkey-Ukraine Relations” »
- Roundtable Meeting between SAM and Foreign Policy Advisory Committee of Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs »
- Visit of “Al-Nahrain Research Center” Delegation to SAM »
- Roundtable Meeting— “Safety and Cooperation in the Black Sea Region: Historical Background and Modern »