The Balkans was continuously at the forefront of global politics in the last century, witnessing three successive world orders. During this period the Balkan countries did not only have to yield to the hegemonic aspirations of the global powers, they also experienced problems of hard and soft security within and among themselves. Although a century has passed since the end of the Balkan Wars, one can still mention continuing state- and nation-building processes, inter-ethnic disputes, border problems and global rivalries.
Recent Events & Announcements
- Workshop – “Turkish and French Perspectives on the Middle East” »
- SAM 2017 Summer School on International Law Opening Session »
- SAM 2017 Summer School Certificate Ceremony »
- SAM 2017 Summer School Opening Session »
- International Conference: Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey Trilateral Relations: Vision for the Future »